Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sweet Delight Cont'd

So, I'm going to preface this entry by saying that our juice fast did do some good. It was very difficult, and not entirely suited to the demanding life of a working (inside and outside the home) mom of three, but it was a good "reboot." I actually craved a salad today, which is serious progress! This is coming from a woman who pretty much eats like a man (subs, burgers and steaks, oh my! ... fries, chips and potatoes, oh my!). So glad I have a husband who loves that about me.

Tangent anyone?

All that being said, I still just really like sugar. That statement could turn into an entirely new tangent, but I won't let it. Can I just say that I make a mean chocolate oatmeal cookie? I must give major props to my mom and dad who gave me the very treasured recipe. It's the only recipe requiring a bit of precision that I can actually get right.

So, all you need to do to get a taste is call me and let me know you're coming over to the Hermiz Bakery. I'll have them warm and ready and I might even through in a glass of milk (for an extra charge of course). :)
Yum! I just made them tonight and if I hadn't committed to taking them into work tomorrow, they'd be gone by morning.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment