Thursday, February 23, 2012
You Might Be a Crunchy Mama If...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this video! I just love and appreciate clean, pure food; food that hasn't been tainted by pesticides, herbicides, hormones or antibiotics. Food just how God made it. Dan and I have been dreaming, rather intensely lately, of moving into the country and having a large, organic garden. We'd also like to have some chickens ("Luke, go outside and get your morning egg!"). The thought of having blueberries, strawberries and grapes avaiable to us at our leisure sounds wonderful!
All that being said, I've always been honest about the fact that just as much as I like organic food, I also like the "crap." I love veggies...broccoli and asparagus especially. But I also really like blizzards from DQ (pretty sure those come from a metal box).
I shopped at Whole Foods last week and was giddy the entire time. I bought grass-fed beef ($ouch$), organic string cheese for the kids, and Snowville milk (promptly chugged a glass the next morning -- yum!). We bought some of their tasty organic fried chicken (that qualifies as "good crap"), mac n cheese and asparagus....best lunch I've had in a while.
All that to say, I'm back to thinking about working more. Recently, as I've thought about working more, it's been less out of a heavy burden, and more out of a genuine longing to feed our kids as best as we can. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. Right now, I'm content to occasionally pick up an extra 4-8 hours every week or so. This is another reason why we feel that the country landscape is calling our names. We know that with some more land, we can provide many of these nutritious foods for our family for much less money than buying them at the store.
Anyway, back to the video. I had to share it because I think it's hilarious and also because I'm guilty of several of these things, too! Hope you enjoyed it! (Bob, Susie, John and Mary -- certainly you could relate to the strict regulations that she put on her babysitter? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment