Yesterday was Adalyn's first birthday, and she celebrated it in style...with pink eye. Poor girl. She's been sick for about 6 days now, but she has gotten much better in the last couple of days.
Adalyn has kept us guessing since the very beginning. Hers was the first pregnancy that I had gestational diabetes, she was my first breech baby, my first pregnancy in which I had low amniotic fluid and she was my first c-section. She was my first baby for which I didn't make enough breastmilk to feed her for more than 3 months. She was our best night sleeper...she slept through the night (12 hours!) before she was even 3 months old. She has not been our best nap-taker. ;) She was our first child to walk before she was 12 months old. She is our child who most likes to be held, and although she loves to be cuddled by lots of people, she's definitely a mama's girl.
Needless to say, she has kept us on our toes! Adjusting to having 3 children has been a juggling act, and I've struggled with how much Adalyn cries (Ellie might have prayed tonight for God to help Adalyn stop screaming so much), but I tell you what, Adalyn is one sweet and precious girl. She has a smile that simply melts your heart, and she has a keen awareness of how laying her head on your shoulder will totally make you swoon. In the morning when she's crying to get out of bed, and I have to force myself to get out from under the covers, seeing her face immediately changes my mood. She is beautiful! And she's fun. I can tell that she is a little fiesty and ornery...which I love. In the above picture, she was pulling all the shoes out of the bin, and I said to her, "Addie, stop doing that babe!" Immediately she started pulling them out faster and kind of bouncing on her feet like she was rushing to get them all before I could come and scoop her up. She has a special ability to do things like that, and instead of making me mad, making me laugh. I love that girl!
Happy 1st birthday sweet Adalyn. I love being your mama and I look forward to what the next year will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment