We've tried several times over the last couple of years to let Luke and Ellie sleep together, and the end result is always, "Okay guys, valiant effort, but go back to your own beds." (Our tone is always gracious and
never rarely threatening). Most days I wouldn't even consider letting them try to sleep together "just for fun" because, quite frankly, it wears
me out. But lately I've been feeling like life is way too short, and these "little" moments together of whispering under the sheets and giggling when they say dirty words (poop and butt, just to name a couple) and mommy can't hear...these are the moments they'll remember and cherish for a long time.
I can't possibly be feeling more fun and free-spirited because Dan gave me this morning to be by myself and spend some time reading (quietly) and shopping (quickly). It's totally just because I'm a cool mom. Yup.
 |
| they had both wanted to put the tent on the bed for a long time |
 |
all snuggled in!
..........
|
I'd like to say that I was the epitome of grace and love toward Luke and Ellie when I found them like this, because after all, I knew this was going to happen right? Well, I was a bit frustrated, and probably won't let this situation happen again any time soon...but I think they thoroughly enjoyed themselves while it lasted. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment