Today Dan graciously accompanied me to the grocery store with the kiddos in tow. We decided we'd make it special and go back to our old stomping grounds, Whole Foods. We love Whole Foods! The kids always get balloons and snacks and often get to play in their play area. And we all love their food. When I was working full-time, we would routinely get our groceries and then eat lunch there afterwards.
Today, both Luke and Ellie said they missed going to Whole Foods....I really miss it, too! I would be lying if I tried to deny thinking, "Well, if I work just one more day per week than maybe we could shop here again." Do I really want to work more? No! But the thought did cross my mind. I asked Luke if he'd want me to work more so that we could shop at Whole Foods and he immediately said no. That really blessed my spirit immensely. It was so nice to hear that he enjoys me being at home more.
Lately, contentment (or lack thereof) has been a repeated theme in my life. I think God might be trying to teach me something :) Contentment is especially hard for me when I feel like I have a really justifiable reason to want more. Organic food is better for you. The kids need to be in sports and interact with other children. Staying active is important, so I need running shoes and clothes. We're going to need a twin bed for Adalyn soon. Every single one of my white shirts is stained...aren't white shirts a clothing staple? It is so easy to justify things!
I am thankful that God has not given up on me yet. I have been very sensitive to the word "need" for quite some time now. Choosing instead to say, "We could use..." or "...would be nice." In some areas, my thinking still needs to catch up with what I'm choosing to say. But not using the word "need" is a start.
"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content." Phil 4:11
"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content." 1 Tim 6:6-8
Amen, girl! Love this! And, by the way...we have an extra twin you could use when needed :) No mattress, though.
ReplyDelete