Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Give Ellie Some Credit!

Two days ago I had to wake up the kiddos from their naps so that we could go somewhere. While I went into my room to finish getting ready, I sent Luke and Ellie downstairs to get their shoes on. Waking the kids up from their sweet dreams is often very challenging, to say the least. Actually, I hate to do it. They wake up grumpy and irritable with each other and this often results in timeouts and apologies.

Well, this day seemed to be no different. I could hear from upstairs that Ellie was arguing with Luke and gradually getting more and more upset. Here we go again, I think to myself. Ellie starts stomping her way upstairs whining the whole way about something Luke said. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate love whining?

Here it comes....Ellie procedes to tell me that she farted....a big one. Now why would this make a child, who loves to let loose, upset? Ellie was upset because Luke was sure that daddy must have been the one who farted because it was such a BIG fart. Ha! Seriously?! Ellie was very upset! She wanted credit! Yes, our children were fighting over who had farted! I reminded Luke that daddy wasn't even home, and instantly Luke had a look of pure shock on his face when he realized that it was indeed Ellie, who had farted. Oh my. I've never enjoyed an argument more!

No comments:

Post a Comment