Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Artificial Intelligence

Today while I was making the kids' lunches, I received what was easily my 100th telemarketer (and automated nonetheless) phone call from the same company within the last 2 months. Most of the time I ignore the call, but occasionally I suffer a great lapse of judgment and I answer. Today was one of those days.

So basically I was standing at the counter talking (or was it venting?) to myself out loud, when Luke heard me and asked what I was upset about. I started explaining to him that I am SO SICK AND TIRED of getting automated phone calls. They are taking up my precious time, even asking me how I am today (one time I actually answered "terrible," to which the computer responded "I'm sorry to hear that" and then it continued on with it's sales pitch)...and I'm not even speaking to a real person! Seriously?! If their security system is so wonderful and they're so concerned about the safety and welfare of my family (not), then at the very least a real, living, breathing person, could call me! I explained all of this to Luke as if I was talking to Dan...as if he knew exactly what I was talking about, to which he responded,

"I know just what you're talking about! Every time I try to use Ellie's phone, I get the same thing!"
That's why he's my favorite son. He gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment