Monday, October 17, 2011

'Cause 26.3 Would Be CRAZY!

we made it!
Deut 2:1-3
it's been a busy 6 months!
Dan and I completed 26.2 miles together yesterday! It was Dan's second marathon and my first. It was an incredible feeling to cross the finish line, having worked so hard for so many months. When I started running in early April, I could barely run two blocks before I had to take a walking break, so yesterday was a wonderful reward for the hard work I put in.
Dan did an incredible job. He hoped to break his previous time of 4:09, but training while raising 3 young children is quite a challenge, and when you add to that a sprained ankle yesterday at mile 6 (thank you very much pothole) and a bathroom break at mile 16, a time of 4:14:19 is quite impressive. I came in at 5:03:28. I secretly hoped to break 5 hours, but I'm thrilled that I didn't hit a "wall" and have to walk for miles and miles. No major problems along the course so that was great.
Dan's wonderful parents and brother brought Luke, Ellie and Adalyn to various points along the course to cheer us on. It was so great to see them. My mom and dad rode along side of us on their bikes. My parents were with me a lot and I really appreciated their company and encouragement.
It's been quite a journey, and I can't say whether or not I'll ever do the full again. I think the half-marathon is the perfect distance, but we'll see...



No comments:

Post a Comment