Sunday, March 11, 2012

Why Have I Taught Him To Eat Well?

I got a phone call from Dan this evening, and as we talked, he passively encouraged me to go through the Dairy Queen drive-thru and get a couple blizzards. You know, if I was really craving one, he wanted me to know that he wouldn't be upset if I brought him home one, too. He wouldn't hold a grudge. Just thought he'd let me know. Uh huh.

As I pulled into the drive-thru (you actually thought I'd ignore that encouragement?), Luke recognized where we were. Now, before you think I'm a frequent flyer at DQ, just know that Luke remembers everything. It's true. I promise.


Luke: "Mom, you've had too many snacks today. You should not be here."

What?! Did I ask for his opinion? How can I get out of this? He's so right, but I want Dairy Queen!

Me: "You're right Luke. I'm going to eat much better tomorrow, and I'm going to the gym in the morning, too"

That oughta take care of my nosy cute little accountability partner.

Luke: "Uh, THAT is good!"


I LOVE that boy. Truly, there is never a dull moment with him. Earlier today, after he watched 'Hook' with Ellie, he told me that thinking of me is his "happy thought."  Okay, Luke, we'll call it even. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment