Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Elise Violet

Remember when I said I was going to try to post once a week? Um...yeah. And I've made a concerted effort to post on or near each child's birthday, but so far I've epically failed. Here's to hoping I do a better job of it in the coming year...


Elise,
Your birth was such a joyous one. I gave birth to you in the middle of the night, at 1:31am, un-medicated and fully aware of the beauty, pain and joy of giving birth. Your grandma Harding ("Mimi") delivered you. She held you up for your daddy and I to see that we were meeting our first  daughter!
You are such a beautiful girl--inside and out. You are smart and thoughtful. Often, we think you're not listening, and then you surprise us by how much you heard and understood. You are learning so much right now-- about reading, writing and math. But most importantly, you're learning about your Creator. You are learning that your beauty comes from Him alone--you would not be beautiful were it not for His grace and love making you who you are. I pray often that you will be molded into a girl, and someday a woman, of grace, kindness, humility, and love. Those are the qualities that will make you truly beautiful.
You are obsessed with stuffed animals. You love TV. You are such a good big sister; patient with a little sister who can, well, test your patience. You are strong. You enjoy clothes and put together the most eclectic outfits. You are kind and thoughtful. You give the best hugs. You run a lot, and far...in dress shoes. You are becoming quite a little artist.
Please know Ellie, that your daddy and I take great pleasure in you. We love you so much, but we also really like you.
Happy 5th birthday!



 

 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment