-we want to set a good example for our children (eating a cookie while making them eat carrots will only fly for so long, and I'm sure it doesn't please the Lord)
-we want to feel good while we're here on this earth, not because it will necessarily make us live longer (the Lord knows our days), but because we will be better servants of our Lord the better we feel (I'd be ignorant to believe that the sugar highs and lows I have from all the sweets I eat don't affect my attitude toward my children and husband)
-we want to fit into our old wardrobes (we don't have money to buy brand new ones!)
-Luke really wants to see me in my wedding dress, and the day that happens I will sob tears of joy :)
-I really don't want to live a life of complacency. I want to claim victory and utter dependence on the Spirit of God. If I continue the way I'm eating, I will be 50 years old and I will look back and realize I lived the last 20 years of my life for food, not Christ.
Sooo....
| see all those veggies? spinach, kale, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, carrots, peppers, sweet potatoes... |
| and all that fruit? pineapple, oranges, kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, apples, lemons and lime... |
I know it's going to be really hard, and quite frankly, really inconvenient (anyone out there like to go to the grocery store every three days? I didn't think so). But my body needs a break, and a subsequent jumpstart into a healthier future. So please keep us in your prayers! We will need it! (Oh, and don't invite us to dinner!)
No comments:
Post a Comment